Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How long will a batch file upload take to update a profile?

Level 5

Hi there,

I have been doing some testing by uploading a 2kb JSON file to update one profile in AEP. It's been one hour since successfully uploading the batch, but I do not see the new profile attributes show up or any update to existing attributes for the profile. I have also checked with the "Retrieve an entity" API endpoint, and no updates there too. Am I misunderstanding how Real-Time customer profile works, and is there a time delay for batch uploads?

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@akwankl To begin with i would check if the data made it to the dataset, go to the monitoring section to check if the file is processed and if it did make any updates to profile numbers. 

This is a good indication that the data is ingested and part of dataset and profile store. 

You can then proceed to check if you can query it using query service or also use profile look up in the UI. 

Hope that helps. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 4

Hi @akwankl , there is no promising TAT AEP has. Time it takes is highly depends on amount of data you're loading and resources available to process that data. However there is a way to ensure if AEP finished processing. Check the following..... 
1. Go to dataset you're loaded data into.

2. Under data activity tab check the batch status (At very bottom)

3. Check the stats, your batch id should have some counts populated into either 'New Profile Fragments'/ 'Existing Profile Fragments' or both. This lets you know if certain ingestion ever made into the profile store which may create new profile fragments (If no profile exists with given identity) or update existing profile fragments (If profile already exists with given identity). In your case as you're updating profiles you should see some counts under 'existing profile fragments'. If you happen to see count 0, it means data did not make to profile, if its '-' means data is still getting processed. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@akwankl To begin with i would check if the data made it to the dataset, go to the monitoring section to check if the file is processed and if it did make any updates to profile numbers. 

This is a good indication that the data is ingested and part of dataset and profile store. 

You can then proceed to check if you can query it using query service or also use profile look up in the UI. 

Hope that helps. 

Community Advisor

Hi @akwankl - In my experience, I would recommend checking the monitoring section to ensure that all workflows are completed before expecting the updated profile to appear. If you could please go to the monitoring section and select the batch that was ingested, you can check if all the workflows have been completed or not.

Hope that helps

Level 1

@akwankl I have the same issue. Was yours solved? Would you mind sharing the solution?

Level 5

Hi @Ronaldo_09 ,

The solution is just to check the Monitoring > Batch end-to-end status tab, and wait for the "Identity Records Stitched" to complete. Though I am trying to understand what "Records in Profile" means as well.

However, I recently learned that if you are using these attributes for an AJO journey, that's a different story too. I have an opened ticket with Adobe Support where I uploaded an attribute, everything underneath Monitoring tab is completed, but 28 hours later I still can't use the attribute in an AJO journey.