Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Global report suite pages using both App Measurement and Web SDK

Level 2

I have a global report suite where domain 1 uses the AA & ECID extensions on its pages and domain 2 will be migrating to Web SDK. The visitor can move back and forth between sites (and pages) during the same visit. What happens to the ECID visitor count in this case? Will we see inflated visitor numbers between the sites (with the ECID set twice) or will the Web SDK implemented site automatically see the ECID from app measurement pages?

Ideally, it would be best to migrate both at the same time but we can't at the moment due to time constraints.

Thanks
Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello, @Mark-Stringham -

I'd love for someone else to confirm this, as well, but I do NOT think your visitor count will change.  We've recently moved several websites from non-Web SDK implementations (that had the Identity Service) to Web SDK and the ECID values are the same before vs. after. 

I believe this means that you shouldn't see in an increase in Unique Visitor count following the Web SDK migration, but I hope someone else can confirm the same, as well.

Edit: incidentally, I think having consistent ECIDs across different website domains can be troublesome for some browsers even in a pre-Web SDK implementation.  Just something to keep in mind....

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello, @Mark-Stringham -

I'd love for someone else to confirm this, as well, but I do NOT think your visitor count will change.  We've recently moved several websites from non-Web SDK implementations (that had the Identity Service) to Web SDK and the ECID values are the same before vs. after. 

I believe this means that you shouldn't see in an increase in Unique Visitor count following the Web SDK migration, but I hope someone else can confirm the same, as well.

Edit: incidentally, I think having consistent ECIDs across different website domains can be troublesome for some browsers even in a pre-Web SDK implementation.  Just something to keep in mind....

Administrator

Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.