Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic Banner Personalization Based on User Behavior in AEP

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to AEP and Target and would like to create an experience activity in Adobe Target where the main banner changes based on the user's previous actions. For example, if a user visits the Men's category and PDP pages, the banner on the homepage should display Men's products when they navigate back to the homepage. Again the same user visits the Women's category and PDP pages, the homepage banner should show Women's products instead of men products in that same session. How can I achieve this using AEP audiences?

4 Replies

Level 2

Thank you  @_Manoj_Kumar_ for sharing the links.

I've set up an experience targeting activity in RT CDP, following this process:

1. Experience A: Displays a hero image for men's products. The audience is defined in Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) using an event rule that targets users who visited URLs containing /products/men or /men.html within the last 30 minutes.

2. Experience B: Displays a hero image for women's products. The audience is similarly defined, targeting users who visited URLs containing /products/women or /women.html within the last 30 minutes.

The issue I'm facing is that when I navigate from the men's product page to the home page, the hero image correctly shows men's products. However, after moving from the home page to the women's product page and then back to the home page, the hero image still displays men's products instead of switching to women's products, as I expected.

Could you help me understand why this is happening and how I can ensure that the hero image updates correctly based on the most recent page visited?

Community Advisor

Hello @AbinashMi1  This is because you are qualifying for both audiences and both experiences are changing the same banner.

You will have to prioritize one of the experience. My assumption is both experiences are on the same priority.

If multiple activities share priority level, there are two tiebreakers:

• If only one activity has audience targeting, that activity is displayed.
    • If all or none has targeting, then the activity that was approved first is displayed.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

Hi @_Manoj_Kumar_ ,

Thank you for the explanation.

I understand that as both the men's and women's experiences are targeted through the same experience activity. Since experience targeting evaluates visitors from top to bottom, the women's experience, being prioritized higher, takes precedence when a user qualifies for both audiences.

Is there a way to ensure that when I visit the men's page URL, I am included in the men's audience only (and not the women's audience), even if I previously visited the women's page within the same session.