Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attention: Experience League Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
SOLVED

Deleting identities from AEP

Community Advisor

Hello, I have an AEP sandbox with a license usage dashboard that currently displays 50,000 profiles. Last week, I added profiles to a dataset which is "enabled for profile," and I noticed that the license usage increased to 48,000 profiles. Recently, I discovered that the profile data inserted into the sandbox belongs to a lower environment and needs to be corrected. I deleted the batch of data that was inserted and later removed the dataset itself. However, the profile count in the license usage still shows 48,000(it has been a week since it deleted the data). Is there a way to remove the inserted identities from AEP without resetting the sandbox? I am not sure if the license usage dashboard shows the updated number or not.

@arijitg 

Many thanks in advance,

Arpan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi @jayakrishnaaparthasarathy 

Below is the reference.to Delete profiles from the Profile Store. If you want to delete all the profiles which are sourced from a specific dataset then it is possible by just deleting it from the UI. Please go through the document below. 

Datasets UI Guide | Adobe Experience Platform

vkomiri_0-1689124254607.png

Regards,

vinod

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

According to the latest article available at this link (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/KA-18155.html?lang=en), it states that the ability to delete is currently not available, but it is planned to be introduced in the future. The only available solution at present is to reset the sandbox.

Thank You,

Uma

Level 3

AEP has limited ways to delete Identities, one you already tried by deleting the dataset.

The other one is also not recommended for bulk deletion. (Privacy Service).

Does the profile count show the same number in the Profile dashboard as Licence Usage? Also, are you still able to fetch any profile which was deleted as part of the dataset deletion? Just to check if only the fragment was deleted and if the profile still exists from any other dataset.

Level 2

The process to delete profile ingested data is you delete the dataset (Note the dataset should be enabled for profile while deleting).

When deleting the dataset, keep the datasetid handy, you can raise a support ticket with Adobe incase the data you have deleted is not cleaned up. Adobe support team would be able to help you to clean up. 

When you delete a profile enabled dataset, along with data it will clean up the identity graph as well. This will happen only if the identity stitched in the graph are contributed by the dataset which you have deleted. 

Also, as Mayank suggested in the other response it is better to check the profile counts both on the profile page and license usage page. 

Community Advisor

Hi @arpan-garg  - Deleting the datasets doesn't delete the profile from profile store and identity service. It will just delete the record from data lake as datasets are more ingested in to data lake format only (Profile are stored in different layer, Azure Cosmo DB infrastructure). Also, there is no way of directly deleting the profile from sandbox. However, you can try the "delete an entity" option which will delete your record from profile store and identity service. Refer the below conversation which would help you to understand better about deleting profiles and datasets as well.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-platform/delete-profiles-from-aep/...

Delete an entity - https://developer.adobe.com/experience-platform-apis/references/profile/#tag/Entities/operation/dele...

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi @jayakrishnaaparthasarathy 

Below is the reference.to Delete profiles from the Profile Store. If you want to delete all the profiles which are sourced from a specific dataset then it is possible by just deleting it from the UI. Please go through the document below. 

Datasets UI Guide | Adobe Experience Platform

vkomiri_0-1689124254607.png

Regards,

vinod