Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Best Schema Design for Shared Identity across Multiple ExperienceEvent Schemas

Level 2

Hello, 

I have a question about ExperienceEvent Schema design regarding how to handle one unique identity across 1 XDM Profile Schema and 2 XDM ExperienceEvent Schemas. 

Let's say that the unique identity of the XDM Profile Schema is labeled "COMPANY_UNIQUE_IDENTIFIER". 

Can I use "COMPANY_UNIQUE_IDENTIFIER" in 2 separate ExperienceEvent Schemas, that both use "COMPANY_UNIQUE_IDENTIFIER" as a primary key, or would this mess up Profiles? 

Thank you all in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @JoeSa1 

Yes, You can use the same key across schemas

if you mark this identified as a primary identity in schemas then all the profiles with similar attribute values will be linked via this identifier.

If you don't want this to happen then you can just define it as an attribute and use its foreign key to link with a lookup table.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @JoeSa1 

Yes, You can use the same key across schemas

if you mark this identified as a primary identity in schemas then all the profiles with similar attribute values will be linked via this identifier.

If you don't want this to happen then you can just define it as an attribute and use its foreign key to link with a lookup table.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn