Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEP-side Audience Manager segment sending client-side marketing requests even though opted out?

Level 9

Hi guys,

Situation

• for a client, we have set up Adobe Experience Platform a year ago
  • attached to this, we have Target, Analytics and Audience Manager

Problem

• based upon AAM segments, we are now seeing client-side AAM segment forwarding requests to Facebook, even though the only consent category set is "collect" to enable the platform.

bk_work_1-1714377705365.png

Client-side pixel

• sent as soon as the user qualifies for a segment

bk_work_0-1714378835624.png

bk_work_0-1714378996249.png

Datastream setup

bk_work_2-1714377747103.png

AAM setup in the datastream

bk_work_3-1714377757837.png

REMARK:

As seen above, it's a noscropt=1 i.e., the Facebook library is not loaded, no cookies sent nor written, yet the request is going out.

so from a legal standpoint, this is may be a gray area. However, I still think this behavior is not reflecting the consent I just sent. 

Now, should Adobe not respect its own Adobe v2.0 consent categories?

Or asked differently, if this seems to be not working, what keeps Adobe Analytics event forwarding from sending data as well?

Please can anyone from Adobe give a statement on this? I spoke to a Adobe trainer last week and according to him, this should be respected internally.

So, should these consent categories not also be automatically applied to internal tools and not just in AEP segment activation?

Best regards
Björn

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

After talking to Adobe support, they said I should switch to an IAB consent banner since in there you can opt out of AAM. Respecting the user's consent with the Adobe 2.0 consent is currently not possible.

Recommendation is to disable the segment forwarding on AAM side.

Closing this one for now, hoping Adobe will respect the user consent in the near future.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 9

After talking to Adobe support, they said I should switch to an IAB consent banner since in there you can opt out of AAM. Respecting the user's consent with the Adobe 2.0 consent is currently not possible.

Recommendation is to disable the segment forwarding on AAM side.

Closing this one for now, hoping Adobe will respect the user consent in the near future.