Expand my Community achievements bar.

Heartbeat Library without ADBMobile SDK

Level 2

Hey All,

I am looking to do the following setup and wanted to know if I actually needed to implement the mobile SDK in this scenario.

General Question:

Using a data aggregator with a "adobe add in kit", can I still use the HB Library?

Details

1. send core metrics (lifecycle/pageviews/interactions) to the data aggregator via their method (using the MCID service kit the aggregator provide) and send to Adobe for processing.
    1. Note I have done this as a stand alone solution and there are no issues at this time
  2. send on the same app VHL calls directly to the Heartbeat servers and directly to Adobe.

Note that the data being sent for one visit will be sent via the data aggregator and VHL SDK.

Question:

1. Is this possible?
  2. Any impact to joining this data?
  3. Anything I am not thinking of?

Thanks,

Kenny

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 4

Hi Kenny,

Based on the scenario you have described, unfortunately, it is not possible to use data aggregator for Heartbeat data. For Video Analytics solution to work correctly, VHL SDK should be used in combination with AdobeMobile SDK on iOS/Android or AppMeasurement and VisitorAPI library on web.

You can still continue to do step 1 and send core metrics (lifecycle/pageviews/interactions) to the data aggregator.

However, for Step 2, you need to use VHL SDK approach or use MediaCollection APIs if the SDK approach cannot be used.

Please follow following documentation for further help on SDK/Media API implementation:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/appmeasurement/hbvideo/

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Best Regards,

Calise Cheung

Mobile Engineer

Adobe Experience Cloud

Level 2

Ok, that makes sense.

From my understanding you need both for VHL to work.

Separate question to add.

Let's say I am implementing react native on iOS/Android apps.

What is the best approach there?

1) Rip out the lifecycle pieces from the native SDKs and use the JavaScript library

2) use the JavaScript bridge to translate from JavaScript to native language SDKs

3)or what would you suggest as best pratcices for utilizing react native on apps to feed adobe using VHL, keeping in mind I need all app lifecylce/page/interaction data sets.

Level 4

Hi Kenny,

We would recommend option 2 and have wrapper written for all the SDK methods you need.

Best regards,

Calise Cheung
Mobile Engineer

Adobe Experience Cloud

Level 2

Last one.

So do you think adobe will support react native via a new sdk or the JavaScript sdk going forward?

If not why?

If yes, then when?

Level 4

Hi Kenny,

New Adobe Experience Platform SDKs will support React Native as a wrapper plugin (similar to how we do for Xamarin, Phonegap, and Unity with 4x SDKs)  over our iOS/Android native libraries in the near future.

You can find more info for Adobe Experience Platform SDKs here: Adobe Experience Platform SDKs

Best regards,
Calise Cheung
Mobile Engineer
Adobe Experience Cloud