Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Writing Less Java Code in AEM with Sling Models & Lombok | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Writing Less Java Code in AEM with Sling Models & Lombok by Perficient Blogs

Abstract

AEM is a robust platform full of useful APIs and frameworks available at our disposal. Understanding what’s in the box will help us write less code. In my previous blog post, I covered one of the most used frameworks, Sling Models. Plus, I showed a real-world example with multi-fields. For this blog post, we will continue to leverage Sling Models with added help from a code generator.

Code Generators
Code generators save us from having to write monotonous Java plumbing code. Things like bean getters and setters, loggers, equals(), toString() and hashCode(). We need to free ourselves from having to write and maintain this plumbing. In doing so, we can focus on high-level business logic.

Some of the better-known generators are Immutables, AutoValue and Lombok. I’m not going to get into the details of each. Suffice it to say that after a few years and a few projects my personal preference is Lombok. Like the other two, it can generate value objects. But it does so much more than that.

javac, the Java compiler, executes code generators. Like all things in Java, there is a JSR. In this case JSR 269: Pluggable Annotation Processing API. Since we are using Maven, all we need to do is add the Maven dependency

Read Full Blog

Writing Less Java Code in AEM with Sling Models & Lombok

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies