Total Posts

Correct Reply

kautuk_sahni
Community Manager

03-01-2021

BlogImage.jpg

Writing integration tests for AEM (part 2) by Jörg Hoh

Abstract

In the last blog post I gave you a quick overview over the integration test framework you have at hand and what chances it gives you.

Now let’s get our hands dirty and create our first integration test. We will write a simple test which is connecting to the local author instance and tests that the wknd homepage is completely loaded and that all referenced files (images, javascript, css, …) are present.

Prerqusite is that you have the wknd-package fully installed (clone the wknd github repo, build it and install the package in the “all” module should do the trick). There is no specific requirement on AEM itself, so AEM 6.4 or newer should suffice.

Basic structure
When you have started with the maven archetype for AEM, you should have a it.tests maven module, which contains all integration tests. Although they are tests, they are stored in src/java. That means that the whole test suite is created as build-artifact, and thus can be easily executed also outside of the maven build process.

Another special thing to remember: All test class names must end with “IT” (like “IntegrationTest”), otherwise they are ignored.

A custom client
(I have all that code ready on github, so you can just clone it and start playing.)

As a first step we will create a custom test client, which is able to handle the parse a rendered page. As a basis I started with HtmlUnit, but that turned out to be a bit unflexible regarding multiple calls, so I switched over to jsoup for that.
That means our first piece of code is a JsoupClient. It extends the standard CQClient, and for that we are able to use the “doRequest()” method to fetch the page content.

Read Full Blog

Writing integration tests for AEM (part 2)

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

AEM AEMEBlogSeeding Experience Manager