Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Workflow

Level 2

In my workflow I have added one participant step and below that I have added one OR Split .In that OR Split have added two different workflow processes to reject and approve. At the time of execution of workflow participant will select one workflow process(either reject or approve). Is there any way to see the participant choice in backend or crxde?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Neha_Jadhav ,

There are multiple ways to check this:

If the workflow is still running:

• Navigate to the /etc/workflow/instances
  • Open the workflow instance folder and locate the payload node.
  • The payload node contains information about the content or asset being processed by the workflow.

For old workflows:

• Navigate to /var/workflow/instances
  • Look for the date folder 
  • The payload node contains information about the content or asset being processed by the workflow.

You can also look at other information regarding workflows through the timeline in Sites console.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Neha_Jadhav ,

There are multiple ways to check this:

If the workflow is still running:

• Navigate to the /etc/workflow/instances

For old workflows:

• Navigate to /var/workflow/instances
  • Look for the date folder 

You can also look at other information regarding workflows through the timeline in Sites console.

Thanks.

Community Advisor

Hi @Neha_Jadhav 

you can see the participant choice in the workflow instance's payload in CRXDE.

When a participant selects a workflow process (either reject or approve), the selected process is stored in the workflow instance's payload as a property. To view the payload, you can follow these steps:

1. Open CRXDE Lite and navigate to the path of the workflow instance you want to view. The path should be something like /var/workflow/instance/server0/2024-24-01/update_xyz .

2. Open the payload node and look for a property named PROCESS.

3. The value of the PROCESS property will be the ID of the workflow process that the participant selected (either reject or approve).

Note that the PROCESS property will only be present if the participant has made a selection. If the participant has not yet made a selection, the PROCESS property will not be present in the payload.
Thanks.