to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Workflow question

Level 2

Warning: My AEM noob is about to hang out;

I have started my first rudimentary worflow.  I have two steps, Draft and Review.  Review has an Or Split where the assigned users can reject or activate the page.  The reject option is a GoTo Step, but it is blind to the rest of the workflow - I can't set it to go back to the Draft step.  Is this by design or am I just doing it wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

How are you setting it back to draft step?   Use the api something like [1] to take to the step you want to.

[1]

List<Route> routes=wfsession.getBackRoutes(item);

Route route=routes.get(WHAT_EVER_STEP);

wfsession.complete(item, route);

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

How are you setting it back to draft step?   Use the api something like [1] to take to the step you want to.

[1]

List<Route> routes=wfsession.getBackRoutes(item);

Route route=routes.get(WHAT_EVER_STEP);

wfsession.complete(item, route);

Level 2

I'm trying to set it back to draft with a GoTo Step - I've added a screen shot of the WF that might help.

As I stated, Draft isn't available from within the Or Split.  I've seen the rout capability you noted, but in our environment I'm not sur how to impliment it since we are purely a .NET shop calling AEM with RESTful requests to get content in a JSON response.

Level 10

In the workflow model i do not see any custom step to pass it back to draft step. Please include the same.