Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workflow not executing

Level 4

I have a workflow that doesn't seem to be progressing. It is a single step Model with a process step. The activate() method is being called when the bundle is refreshed but when the workflow is triggered, it says it is running but never seems to enter the execute() method. In the logs I see the following message:

error.log:27.10.2016 11:15:29.844 *INFO* [Workflow Starter Thread] com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.launcher.WorkflowLauncherListener Is in same workflow: /etc/workflow/models/HPEArticleProcessor/jcr:content/model payload: /content/hpe/country/us/en/insights/002/how-adobe-uses-microservices-and-containers-to-bolster-security/jcr:content/article-content

How can I figure out what the problem is? I have logging and the first line in the workflow process code is a log message that is never logged.

1 Reply

Level 4

I see that this hasn't gotten any traction on recommendations. I think I have it understood now. I was used to using the older classic UI for creating models and it was easier to find the new touch UI version but I didn't see a save button and noticed that the model saved under /conf/global/settings/workflow/models was saving automatically by the UI. It isn't easily visible that this is only a temporary configuration and that the version in /var/workflows is what actually runs. 
The fix is to click on the "sync" button. I thought this was to synchronize with the publisher but it is to actually save the changes to the /vary/workflow version. This updates the workflow that actually runs when you either run from a launcher or from a manual starting of the workflow. I think this is very poor design, saving data in more than one place but I'll work around it.