Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Workflow models and Launchers create programatically | Deploy as part of core bundle

Level 6

Hi All,

I want workflow model and launcher to be created automatically programmatically so that it can be deployed as part of core bundle.
i heard it is possible through acs-aem-commons
i am using cq6.0
COULD ANYONE SUGGEST ME HOW TO ACHIEVE IT?

My client is not interested to create models and launchers in all the environments manually. That's why we thought to deploy it as part of bundle.

Thanks,

Pradeep

5 Replies

Level 8

You would need to deploy them as part of your apps package or content package.  The core bundle is only for OSGI.

The easiest to way to achieve this would be to go create the models and launchers on 1 instance of AEM and then create a package containing the items, then put that content into your code base.

Level 6

If i put models and launchers, it will override entire models and launcher. I would want to untouched existing models and launchers in aem when content bundle gets deployed to aem.

By only putting two folders(/etc/workflow/models and /etc/workflow/launchers) in content package will override all existing content in aem. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Employee Advisor

Hi,

In that case your filters in the content package are to broad. It's easiest if you create the workflow definitions manually, package them and then deploy them to the other environments.

Kind regards,
Jörg

Level 6

Thanks Jorg. I have made filter deeper to my specific model and launchers. It is not overriding anything as these models and launchers ans custom ones.

Level 10

You cannot use an API to develop a workflow model.