Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

WKND - OSGi Bundle Dependency Issue

Level 1

After I installed WKND to AEM, I noticed that I don't see some of components. I got the error after I added the "byline" component.

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 3.41.59 PM.png

Then, I found I have some dependency issues. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 3.19.03 PM.png

I went to http://localhost:4502/system/console/depfinder

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 3.25.34 PM.png

I was looking at other article, and tried a command from a terminal console (Mac), it didn't fix it.

mvn -PautoInstallPackage -Padobe-public clean install

I deleted all installed WKND packages from a package manager (http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr/index.jsp) and deleted the WKND bundle from OSGi and started over to install WKND files, but I got same issues. 

I appreciate if you can find out what I need to do. I'm a beginner of AEM, Java, and Eclipse. Thank you so much for your help. 

I took pom.xml screenshot just in case.

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 3.29.54 PM.png 

=== My System ===

macOS 10.15.6

Java 11.0.7

Maven 3.6.3

Node.js v12.18.0

npm 6.14.4

Git 2.24.3

AEM 6.5.5.0 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Looks like you did not use the release 0.0.4 version of the wknd tutorial, but used the un-released master-branch of the wknd-tutorial (in the screenshot I see the version number 0.0.5-SNAPSHOT). But according to the documentation this release is targeting AEM as a Cloud Service as "primary" version.

But the documentation also says, that if you want to use it on AEM 6.x (and not Cloud Service), you should use this command:

mvn clean install -PautoInstallSinglePackage -Pclassic

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@aembeginner 

Sometime back I also used WKND sample project on 6.5.5 but didn't found any such issue. 
Below steps I followed to setup WKND on 6.5.5
1. Installed SP5 over 6.5
2. Installed latest ACS Commons package.
3. Deployed AEM WKND Project.

@Jörg_Hoh  @vanegi  @arunpatidar  Can you guys provide your inputs ?

Thanks,
Nikhil 

Community Advisor

Can you try with java 8.

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Looks like you did not use the release 0.0.4 version of the wknd tutorial, but used the un-released master-branch of the wknd-tutorial (in the screenshot I see the version number 0.0.5-SNAPSHOT). But according to the documentation this release is targeting AEM as a Cloud Service as "primary" version.

But the documentation also says, that if you want to use it on AEM 6.x (and not Cloud Service), you should use this command:

Level 1
Thank you @Jörg_Hoh! I have a quick question. I was able to install it correctly from your command to AEM. Since I didn't install WKDN from Eclipse, what should I do for Eclipse side? It looks like it's not connected. When I followed the video instruction to update “Byline” component and saved the html. It didn’t save to AEM. But, When I started Servers, everything is synchronized.

Level 1

Thank you so much for replying my issues!! @arunpatidar @Nikhil-Kumar @Jörg_Hoh 

I run this command, it worked!! Thank you sooooooo much to find out my issue. I appreciate all your help.