Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

While Deploying AEM Author pod in OCP, it is failing and it is in Back-off restarting failed container state.

Level 1

I am trying to deploy AEM author on OCP, the version I am trying to deploy is AEM_6.5_Quickstart.jar. When I run the Dockerfile it is running with the port 4502 on my local. But when I am trying to deploy the same Dockerfile on OCP, my container is not able to spin up and it is in CrashBackLoop state. I have deployed the dispatcher and it is working fine.

The error I am getting:

Abar1_0-1679976549769.png

The container will fail after the above output as shown.

The Dockerfile I am trying to Deploy on OCP:

FROM artifactory.kk.com/local-docker-kk/library/openjdk:8 AS base

RUN /usr/local/openjdk-8/bin/java -version

RUN mkdir -p /usr/local/AEM

ADD http://cbscc.ca.kk.com:8082/artifactory/ebanCITrial/authTransformation/author/AEM_6.5_Quickstart.jar /usr/local/AEM/

ENV LANG en_US.UTF-8

ENV TZ=Canada/Eastern
RUN ln -snf /usr/share/zoneinfo/$TZ /etc/localtime && echo $TZ > /etc/timezone

ADD http://cbscc.ca.kk.com:8082/artifactory/ebanCITrial/authTransformation/author/password/password.properties /usr/local/AEM/

WORKDIR /usr/local/AEM/

RUN mkdir -p crx-quickstart/logs && chmod -R 777 /usr/local/AEM/crx-quickstart/logs && ls -lrth /usr/local/AEM/crx-quickstart/logs/
RUN touch /usr/local/AEM/crx-quickstart/logs/stdout.log && chmod -R 777 /usr/local/AEM/crx-quickstart/logs/stdout.log
RUN ls -ltrh /usr/local/AEM/crx-quickstart/logs/
RUN chmod -R 777 AEM_6.5_Quickstart.jar

RUN ls -lrth

EXPOSE 4502

ENTRYPOINT ["java", "-Dadmin.password.file =/usr/local/AEM/password.properties", "-jar", "AEM_6.5_Quickstart.jar", "-nointeractive", "-p", "4502"]

1 Reply

Administrator

@HImanshu_Jain_ @Jörg_Hoh @Nikhil-Kumar  @Lokesh_Vajrala @arunpatidar 

Can you please dedicate some time to review this AEM question and offer your expert insights? Additionally, if you could provide the author with some guidance or direction to tackle the problem, it would be most appreciated.

Kautuk Sahni