Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Which renditions are used by CQ?

Level 1

Hey there!

I've got a huge DAM here (60GB) and my goal is to do a cleanup. I removed all unreferenced DAM-Assets, removed the sub-asset workflow steps and removed all subassets and now I'm looking into the renditions. I saw, that out of the box CQ is generating a few renditions. My question is: Which one are realy used by CQ? I noticed if i delete all renditions, i won't get a thumbnail preview in the contentfinder-sidebar :). I couldn't find a documentation of the generated renditions on the cq website.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Ah, ok.
As I understand it, the two first ones are used by the Content Finder (140:100 mosaic, 48:48 list)  while the last one is used by the Dam Admin when editing a specific asset. So it could be a good idea to leave those 3 alone.

/Johan

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Ah, ok.
As I understand it, the two first ones are used by the Content Finder (140:100 mosaic, 48:48 list)  while the last one is used by the Dam Admin when editing a specific asset. So it could be a good idea to leave those 3 alone.

/Johan

Level 7

Hi,
if you look at the OOB workflow "DAM Update Asset", you can see that it creates thumbnails in the step "Thumbnail Creation".
Here it runs the thumbnail creation and creates (in 5.6.1) threee different thumbnails.
These are: [140:100],[48:48],[319:319].

hope that will help you
/Johan