Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Which one is best to query the jcr ? Is SQL or JCRSQL2 or JQOM ?

Former Community Member

Hi,

SQL - select * from nt:base where cq:lastModified > TIMESTAMP  '2014-04-08T23:59:59.000+05:30'
 is works fine .But for JCR-SQL2 what will be the query I tried this

SELECT * FROM [nt:base] AS s WHERE cq:lastModified > TIMESTAMP  '2014-04-08T23:59:59.000+05:30'

But no luck.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

SQL is the one that most developers knows and is most likely to get correct. But, some things are not doable.

JCR-SQL2 has a lot of power an the ability to do whatever you want in the JCR tree.

JQOM is just a Java representation of the JCR-SQL2 and eventually boils down to a SQL2 query. I actually like this one, since I don't have mess around with a lot or String concatenation.

Just my $0.02.

/Ove

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1

You can try this one for SQL2. Worked for me:

SELECT s.*
FROM [nt:base] AS s
WHERE s.[cq:lastModified] >= CAST('2014-04-08T23:59:59.000+05:30' AS DATE)

Many Thanks and Best Regards,

Neha Sinha

Former Community Member

Yes i tried that it worked.

But which query language is recommended to do ?

Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 6

SQL is the one that most developers knows and is most likely to get correct. But, some things are not doable.

JCR-SQL2 has a lot of power an the ability to do whatever you want in the JCR tree.

JQOM is just a Java representation of the JCR-SQL2 and eventually boils down to a SQL2 query. I actually like this one, since I don't have mess around with a lot or String concatenation.

Just my $0.02.

/Ove