Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What exactly does the SiteCatalyst Impressions Importer do?

Level 2

While analyzing the log files I found a lot of the following errors:

com.day.cq.polling.importer.impl.PollingImporterImpl importData: Unexpected failure importing PollConfig

I then found the article about how to disable the SiteCatalyst Impressions Importer (http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/invalidpollingconfiguration.html). Now that I know that I could disable it to get rid of the errors we have to decide if we actually want to disable it.

So here is the question: What data exactly does the SiteCatalyst Impressions Importer import and what features will not work if we disable it?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Its  an importer for importing page impressions from SiteCatalyst. So if you disable this -- it prevents the page impression data to be imported into Adobe Experience Manager. Only disable this if you do not care about importing this data. 

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Its  an importer for importing page impressions from SiteCatalyst. So if you disable this -- it prevents the page impression data to be imported into Adobe Experience Manager. Only disable this if you do not care about importing this data. 

Hope this helps

Level 2

smacdonald2008 wrote...

Hope this helps

I'm currently trying to find out if I should care: I couldn't find any documentation stating what is actually done with the data once it is imported.

I think it might be used with the campaigns (http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/wcm/campaigns.html#Analyzing%20your%20Campaign%20Experiences), but is it also used for the "impressions" column in the siteadmin? Anywhere else I might not know?