Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

What are the best options to keep the Physical versions of the doc in AEM?

Community Advisor

Hi, 

We have the challenge to keep the physical versions of the DAM docs in AEM.  What are the best options to do that?

Thanks

Uma

7 Replies

Level 10

Do you mean to say you have challenges in using damadmin?

Could you explain more about it?

Did you check AEM Desktop App?

Install and configure AEM Desktop App

Community Advisor

Hi Gaurav,

We have to keep all the versions of PDF up to 7 years for business.. and we need to have the ability to download and compare each other so just checking which is the best way to do all these. I know AEM supports versioning but only some extent.

Thanks

Uma

Employee Advisor

Hello Uma,

Not sure what is the real question here.

Are you asking about options to purge the versions?

Are you having performance or disk space challenges because of assets versions?

Community Advisor

Hi Vishawdeep,

We have to keep all the versions of PDF up to 7 years for business.. and we need to have the ability to download and compare each other so just checking which is the best way to do all these. I know AEM supports versioning but only some extent.

Thanks

Uma

I assume you are talking about PDF/A.

You can create a DAM Folder structure to reflect your PDF achieve and store your PDF files there. 

Community Advisor

Hi Scott,

Looks promising this.. Can you please provide more details like how we can implement in AEM? Do we have any links to refer?

That helps a lot.

Thanks

Uma

If you have that kind of compliance requirements, then I believe it would apply to content and other assets as well and not only just PDFs.

Probably, it would make more sense to backup entire AEM instance or specific content/assets in a separate version control system based on your organization's standards.