Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Web Tier Pipeline (Dispatcher) for AEM as a Cloud Service - Not working

Level 2

Hi all,

I have set up a new pipeline to deploy only the Dispatcher configuration. The Dispatcher configuration is pretty much the OOTB one, with just a couple of minor changes.

The issue is that the pipeline fails but there seem to be no way to understand what's causing it. Here's the screenshot of the pipeline after a try:

Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 14.28.32.png

There are 2 logs available: build_dispatcher_build.log  and build_dispatcher_validation.log (logs.zip). Both of them seem OK, no errors highlighted and both steps finish successfully.

However, as you can see in the image, the pipeline fails.

I would like to know how can I get more information about the problem. Or if someone else has experienced the same issue.

Thanks!

Details

Local Test

I have tested the Dispatcher locally and it works just fine.

I have also used the validator tools that come with the Dispatcher module to validate the Dispatcher configuration module, all of them were OK:

~/aem/dispatcher-sdk-2.0.88 $

bin/validator dispatcher ../../repo/aem/dispatcher/src/

Cloud manager validator 2.0.34

2022/03/09 14:31:47 No issues found

bin/validator httpd ../../repo/aem/dispatcher/src/

2022/03/09 14:32:01 No issues found

bin/validator full -d out ../../repo/aem/dispatcher/src/

2022/03/09 15:24:29 No issues found

My setup

AEM RELEASE: 2022.2.6433.20220223T194056Z

REGION: EAST US

AEM Project and Dispatcher config created using Maven Archetype for AEM Cloud projects (https://github.com/adobe/aem-project-archetype/releases/tag/aem-project-archetype-35)

Dispatcher version used for local testing: 2.0.88

Pipeline

Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 18.12.02.png

Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 18.12.10.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks for checking @Anish-Sinha!

I'll follow up this topic with Adobe reps. I feel there should be some type of output in this case explaining what the issue was exactly since it's really confusing that a pipeline went through all the steps successfully but then it fails on deployment without any type of log.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @Clemente-3SHARE , I did try to run the pipeline and it works fine. I did some minor changes and it still build up. Can you specify what exact changes you made. Or try to delete and recreate the pipeline. check if this fixes.

Below screenshot for your reference:

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 1.32.31 PM.png

Level 2

Hi @Anish-Sinha,

Thank you for your reply.

I have rolled back my changes and still happens. Also, I would assume using the Dispatcher validators should be enough to make sure the code is OK and should match the Cloud Manager validations too.

Nevertheless, It would be interesting to know what Adobe reps can add to clarify what could be happening when the Deploy doesn't work and there are no logs to look at for this stage. Or maybe even provide a more detailed console where the Deployment Manager can get more information about the deployment phase.

I feel that even though if my code were wrong, there should be a way for Cloud Manager to communicate what the error is about at least.

Thanks again.

Employee Advisor

In this case you should reach out the Adobe CSME( Cloud SME). You must have been assigned with one, If not you can create a ticket and provide the details.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks for checking @Anish-Sinha!

I'll follow up this topic with Adobe reps. I feel there should be some type of output in this case explaining what the issue was exactly since it's really confusing that a pipeline went through all the steps successfully but then it fails on deployment without any type of log.