Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Way to customise cancel inheritance message

Community Advisor

Dear Members,

We have one requirement to customise the message, that we are getting while canceling the inheritance on a live copy page.

So  can anyone suggest a way, if we have to accomplish the above requirement.

Step to get the message:

1. Open any live copy page in editor.html.

2. Click on a component then you will have on Cancel Inheritance Icon.

3. On click on the icon You will get one alert confirmation box with "Do you really want to cancel the inheritance?" message.

Though we can take help from front-end to show the customise message but I wanted to use the existing feature, if possible so I am checking.

Thanks

Umesh Thakur

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Umesh_Thakur,

Cancel Inheritance modal from Component Tool bar action is rendered from this JS - /libs/wcm/msm/content/touch-ui/authoring/editor/js/msmEditorHook.js

Vijayalakshmi_S_0-1617719445282.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

The coral dialog is from Javascript https://localhost:4502/libs/wcm/msm/content/touch-ui/authoring/commons.min.js

you may try to create i18n key with a different message that can help.

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor
Hi Arun, Thanks for your response. I have checked path but commons.min.js file itself is not available in my author instance. there is one .js file at /libs/wcm/msm/content/touch-ui/authoring/commons/js/msmTouchUICommons.js and I can see the message here. But when I try to changes some text on it, that is not reflecting in the pop-up. I restated the instance and did empty cache and hard reload on the browser. It didn't work for me.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Umesh_Thakur,

Cancel Inheritance modal from Component Tool bar action is rendered from this JS - /libs/wcm/msm/content/touch-ui/authoring/editor/js/msmEditorHook.js

Vijayalakshmi_S_0-1617719445282.png