Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

VSCode AEM Sync: Issue with "path not under jcr_root folder" Error

Level 2

Hello everyone,

I am currently developing with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) using the VSCode AEM Sync extension and have encountered the following error message:

path not under jcr_root folder: /home/aem_XXXX/ui.apps/src

This issue arises despite the fact that the specified path ”/home/aem_XXXX/ui.apps/src/main/content/jcr_root/apps/site/www/news-release/clientlibs/clientlib-site/” includes the jcr_root directory.

Environment

• Running Docker containers on Windows using WSL
  • Using Ubuntu inside the container
  • AEM is running fine, and localhost:4502 is accessible

Additional Information

The output from VSCode AEM Sync is constantly showing "AEM Sync started... Searching for jcr_root" and it seems not to be detecting the jcr_root correctly.

Attempts to Resolve

• Checked file paths and permissions inside the Docker container
  • Verified VSCode workspace settings (workspaceContains:**/jcr_root/**)

I would appreciate any advice or solutions to this issue, especially any tips on setting up paths when using VSCode AEM Sync in a Docker environment.

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

The issue was resolved by restarting the Docker container in this case. The problem reported occurs at a relatively low frequency.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Is this issue specific to a particular path you are attempting to sync, or does it occur for any path? Could you please check whether Visual Studio has any configurations (such as a proxy) that might be blocking access to your Docker image?

Esteban Bustamante

Level 2

The issue occurs for any path I try to sync, not just a specific one. Also, there are no settings blocking access to the Docker image, such as a proxy configuration.

However, after asking the question, I was able to sync, but then the same issue occurred again. When I check the "aemsync" output, it shows the following status:

AEM Sync started... Searching for jcr_root Attempting to sync to AEM Attempting to sync to AEM Attempting to sync to AEM Attempting to sync to AEM Attempting to sync to AEM

When I select "Sync file to AEM" for a specific folder or file, more "Attempting to sync to AEM" messages are added.

Correct answer by
Level 2

The issue was resolved by restarting the Docker container in this case. The problem reported occurs at a relatively low frequency.