Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

VLT import function : jcr_path and filter path conflict

Former Community Member

This post is an extension of Bernard's post here:

http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

He marked his post 'solved', when in fact his VLT question wasn't solved - he just found a workaround with curl.

I too have a number of problems with the VLT import function, so here is a restatement of my current problem.

According to the VLT import help the import syntax is:
import -v|-s|--sysview <uri> <local-path> <jcr-path>

What is the relationship between the <jcr-path> in the command line and the path in <filter root=""/>?
Consider the following cases:

1 - Import works fine with the <jcr-path> empty and a 'normal' filter path, e.g. "/content/something/somethingelse" that represents a path in the Vault.

2 - I have found no way of usefully combining the jcr-path and the filter path.

Two absolute paths are concatenated and the import just goes around in circles.
Any kind of relative path is rejected 'java.io.IOException: Only absolute paths allowed'
Most of my experiments with the filter path lead to ' java.lang.NullPointerException: null' (e.g. empty, removing it altogether, etc.)

I want to be able to store a file structure in a vault and then insert it in the repository according to the jcr-path. Therefore, what is the relationship between these paths?

So far I have not found this point documented anywhere.

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

We have passed this question to the Eng team. Thank you for your feedback on the docs too. We will look into updating these as well. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

We have passed this question to the Eng team. Thank you for your feedback on the docs too. We will look into updating these as well.