Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

viewer preset not showing up

Level 2

Issue : when the user from author group tried to author dynamic media in page, it found that the component is not showing the viewer preset ddl. It is just showing the option "NONE". when I checked, I came to know that under Tools->Assets->viewer presets we need to create / change the state of preset. But for this user I couldn't find a option to create it. But I understood that viewer preset can only created by administrator. Since this user is not an administrator the create option is not showing up for this user. But when I tried with another user who is not in admin group is able to view the preset under tool->assets->viewer preset. Also the user is able to author the DM component by selecting the viewer preset option. 

Then I compared the author with this user, found that author has no permission under conf/settings/dam/content/viewerpresets. I've provided exactly what I've observed with other user for whom it is showing up.

What would I possibly missing here in order to provide the author to view the preset under assets->viewer prest and DM component has to list down the ddl correctly?

user belongs to author group has the following view. Nor create neither view it. Thus viewer preset option is not coming in DM component.

Linu_0-1673970277502.png

user belongs to brand admin, able to view it but can't create it. viewer preset ddl is coming up in DM component.

Linu_0-1673971149010.png

An admin user can view/create/delete/enable/disable it . viewer preset ddl is coming up in DM Component.

Linu_1-1673971254452.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Linu ,

This looks like a permission issue, you need to set ACL permission (jcr:read) for the user or group on this path "/conf/global/settings/dam/dm/presets/viewer"

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nitesh

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 2

Thank you @Kiran_Vedantam , I've already gone through this tutorials. I'm sure that I'm missing a permission here. Since this user is not able to view or create a viewer preset and same time another user is able to view it under Assets->Viewer preset means , the user is missing a permission. 

Community Advisor

Can you check if you can see any error while loading the page?

Thanks,
Kiran Vedantam.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Linu ,

This looks like a permission issue, you need to set ACL permission (jcr:read) for the user or group on this path "/conf/global/settings/dam/dm/presets/viewer"

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nitesh

Level 2

Hi @nitesh_kumar ,

I tried this already in user level and group level. But no effect.

Thank you!

Employee Advisor

Hi @Linu ,

In that case, I would advise you to start with a fresh instance, and apply for permission with top-down (generic to specific), to better debug this.

I was able to reproduce and fix it using the permission I mentioned, Not sure if there are any conflicts of permission between your users/groups permissions.

Regards,

Nitesh

Level 2

Thank you! its done. There was conflict between user/group permission.