Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Vanity URL and CUG does not work together

Level 6

Is there any product limitation if I enable CUG and specify vanity url path of a page? 1. Create a page with CUG enable and specify vanity url path 2. Replicate this page in publish. 3. If I try to open using vanity url in publish server then I get 404 error.

1. Is it a product bug?

I even tried to customize CUG implementation, so that if I open vanity url then Authentication should be on. And it is showing correctly. See the image attached. 

Now if I open vanity page(http://localhost:4503/happy3 is the vanity url and content node /content/test/mycomp/abc) then it ask me to enter username/password in default Geometrix login page even though I have SAML Authentication handler configured for this node /content/test/mycomp. After I logged-in through Geo metrixx login page and login-token cookie is created. Now again if I try to open http://localhost:4503/happy3 then I see ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS in browser.

1. Why default Day CQ Login Selector Authentication Handler is coming where as I have SAML Authentication handler configured?
  2. What could be the reason of ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS even if I'm logged-in?

Thanks for your help

11 Replies

Level 10

There is no such limitation in the AEM docs. What you may be encountering here is a bug. I recommend opening a support ticket so Support and Eng teams are aware of this issue. 

Level 2

Hi Scott,

I have implemented cug on one of the pages using customised login component. If i directly hit content path it is getting redirected to login page and it is working fine whereas if i directly hit vanity url, it is not navigating to the login page instead its showing me 404.

Kindly suggest me a solution.

Community Advisor

You need to allow that vanity path in your dispatcher as well ,as dispatcher doesn't recognize your vanity path and request doesn't go to cq thats why you are getting 404.

Level 2

Are you asking to provide redirection from long url to short url ?

Community Advisor

How are you accessing your vanity path?

If you are accessing vanity path from domain then you need to allow that vanity path in your dispatcher file.

I am not asking from long to short url.

Level 2

yeah but if i remove cug on that page, my vanity works but that is not expected

Community Advisor

I am not asking you to remove CUG, rather i am asking how are you accessing your page.

Are you trying to access your page from domain or directly publish instance.

Level 2

I am trying to access it directly through publish instance

Employee Advisor

Have you checked that the vanity URL property is actually present on publish?

Level 2

Yes the property is there in publisher instance. Currently my aem version is 6.3. Will it work fine in higher versions of aem ?

Employee Advisor

Can you check on publish the page at /system/console/slingauth. Under "Authentication Requirement Configuration" it should list a resources which should require authentication. Very likely only the "full paths" of the CUGs are listed, but not the vanity URLs. Can you please confirm?

regards,

Jörg