Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Validation for component changes

Level 4
Level 4

Hi Everyone, 

We are modifying multifield wrapper component utilized across 1000 pages. The modification involves removing embedded JS. after removal, we aim to perform regression test on all the pages to ensure the change doesn't cause any issues. 

While we tested a subset of pages and found the change to be functioning well, the next step is to push this in higher envionment. 

Prior to that we want Authors to validate in Stage?

What are the available options we have to perform this validation in Author environment

Thanks, 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Below are my suggestions.

1. Make sure to take backup of existing content, so that it won't break anything or easy to revert back.

2. Prepare the authoring guide with steps and instructions, if possible provide a training to the users on the recent changes on how to validate.

3. Let authors know prior about the changes and prepare them before instead of sudden surprises.

4. Once you deploy the changes make sure to impersonate as authors or have similar author permission test account to validate the changes before actual author start testing to minimize the bug counts.

5. Always make sure higher environment content syncs in lower environment as well, so that max testing can be done in lower environments. In some cases move content from higher environment to lower environment and validate end to end over there. Instead of taking risks at Prod env's.

6. In future cases setup automate testing scenarios to validate the use cases, incase of any changes those automation test cases will take care the testing activity. 

Thank you!!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't know if I understood correctly the question, but you can try something like below:

1. Provide Clear Documentation:

• Document the changes made to the multifield wrapper component, explaining the reasons behind the modification and any expected impacts.
  2. Training for Authors:

• Conduct training sessions for authors to familiarize them with the modified multifield wrapper component. Provide guidelines on how to use it without the embedded JS.
  3. Create a Test Page in Stage:

• Set up a test page in the Stage environment that replicates the typical use of the multifield wrapper component. Ask the authors to validate the modification on this dedicated test page.
  4. Testing Checklist:

• Develop a testing checklist for authors, outlining specific aspects they should verify, such as proper functionality, layout, and any content dependencies

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

Correct answer by
Level 4

Below are my suggestions.

1. Make sure to take backup of existing content, so that it won't break anything or easy to revert back.

2. Prepare the authoring guide with steps and instructions, if possible provide a training to the users on the recent changes on how to validate.

3. Let authors know prior about the changes and prepare them before instead of sudden surprises.

4. Once you deploy the changes make sure to impersonate as authors or have similar author permission test account to validate the changes before actual author start testing to minimize the bug counts.

5. Always make sure higher environment content syncs in lower environment as well, so that max testing can be done in lower environments. In some cases move content from higher environment to lower environment and validate end to end over there. Instead of taking risks at Prod env's.

6. In future cases setup automate testing scenarios to validate the use cases, incase of any changes those automation test cases will take care the testing activity. 

Thank you!!