Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using WebSphere Clusting

Level 1

I have not seen any information on this but is there a way to no use the default clustering in AEM? We are WebSphere environment and would like to use the WebSphere native clustering options. Also, can the caching be creating to run in the WebSphere App server and its file server rather than in the Web/IHS layer?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

Level 10

You never have to run AEM in a cluster if you don't want to. I think this document explains it pretty well: https://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/core/administering/cluster.html (see cq without clustering section).

Level 1

Thanks for the reply. That is the option that I am recommending that our infrastructure team configure next. I want to get to the CQ Clustering / Publish Clustering but using the WebSphere Clustering system rather than the CQ one. 

The issues we are facing are the following:

1) IBM does not support plug-ins in IHS.

2) CQ replication is creating havoc in our shared WebSphere environment making it unsupportable.

What I was hoping to find was an Adobe recommended configuration and settings that would be supported by both Adobe and IBM and allow high availability in a Shared WebSphere environment. Is there such a document?

Level 10

I am not aware of a document; however, i will run this by the CQ Eng team.