Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using @SlingServlet with path property

Level 2

I am trying to work through a couple of the training videos which demonstrate how to write a custom sling servlet using the path property.

I have had success getting other code examples working.

The 2 examples I am referring to are:

1. The ServiceUserDemoServlet code example in the "Identifying Service Users, Administrative Sessions and Associated Risks" video in the "Adobe Experience Manager 6.1: Using Security" course (ID: WWFO_WBT_12003) (Class ID : 00087554).

2. The MySafeMethodServlet code example in the "Writing Sling Servlets" video in the "Adobe Experience Manager 6.1: Back-end Developer Workshop" course (ID: WWFO_WBT_11994) (Class ID : 00087523). Please note that while the example using the path property does not work I was able to get the code working using the resourceType property.

For both examples I am able to compile the code, deploy it to my server, and see other components in the same bundle working fine but for these 2 I get a 404 error.

Can you provide any suggestions on how to troubleshoot why these are not working?

Thanks

Dale

2 Replies

Level 1

I am having this issue as well-- but only with MySafeMethodServlet as well and cannot get it to work with resourceTypes, could you show me what you did to get it to work with recourseTypes?

Level 2

Hey maadddog:

I went back and re-ran the code using a resourceType instead of a path and apparently that example is NOT working for me either. I must have been confusing it with another example which I did get working. Sorry about that.

It just seems like the selector is not being recognized or registered with the system.

Hope someone is monitoring this forum and can make some suggestions.

Thanks

Dale