Highlighted

Using external jar in a workflow process

SeanLapointe

11-07-2019

If I wanted to use an external jar in an "Execute Script" activity in a workflow process in Workbench, how would I do this?

Replies

Highlighted

WASIL

Employee

11-07-2019

You may create a component DSC : AEM forms * Developing Components for LiveCycle

Or you may put the jar on application server class path and import the classes explicitly in the script.

HTH.

Thanks

Wasil

Highlighted

SeanLapointe

11-07-2019

If I am using Jboss, where can I find the app server class path? I did this when we used ES4, but I am not sure where to put it in AEM Forms 6.4.

Highlighted

SeanLapointe

11-07-2019

I followed the steps as best I could, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Where am I supposed to define the global module? standalone.xml? domain.xml? the same config xml file that has my datasource definitions?

Highlighted

WASIL

Employee

12-07-2019

If you are using single server installation, it's 'standalone.xml'( lc_turnkey.xml for turnkey installation); for cluster it should be 'domain.xml'. Yes, the same config xml file that has my datasource definitions.

Highlighted

SeanLapointe

12-07-2019

That's where I though it should go.However, when I do that and attempt to call the classes in the Execute script activity, I get an error saying:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed to link com/opentext/livelink/service/core/Authentication_Service (Module "com.tb:main" from local module loader @33e5ccce (finder: local module finder @5a42bbf4 (roots: C:\Adobe\Adobe_Experience_Manager_Forms\jboss\modules,C:\Adobe\Adobe_Experience_Manager_Forms\jboss\modules\system\layers\base\.overlays\layer-base-jboss-eap-7.0.6.CP,C:\Adobe\Adobe_Experience_Manager_Forms\jboss\modules\system\layers\base))): javax/xml/ws/Service

I tried adding a dependency to my module.xml file, but when I do that I get a ton of errors in my server.log complaining about not being able to start anything.

<dependencies>

<module name="javax.api"/>

</dependencies>

Highlighted

SeanLapointe

23-07-2019

It turned out that I needed multiple dependencies...

<dependencies>  

<module name="javax.xml.soap.api"/> 

<module name="javax.xml.ws.api"/>  

<module name="javax.api"/> 

<module name="javax.servlet.api"/> 

<module name="javax.annotation.api" />

<module name="javax.jws.api" />

</dependencies>

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction WASIL