Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Using AEM Launches with AEM Commerce Products

Level 2

Is it possible to use AEM Launches with areas other than sites. We manage our E-commerce product catalogue via the AEM Commerce section: http://localhost:4502/aem/products.html/var/commerce/products 

And it would be very helpful to manage publication of complex changes in this area via the launches feature. However the launches UI does not seem to support this, is this something that we could customise and it should "just work" or am I missing something here?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I don't think it will work even if you enable the feature from UI after customization. The backend implementation logic of Launches use PageManager and MSM APIs so I don't think it will work on product data. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I don't think it will work even if you enable the feature from UI after customization. The backend implementation logic of Launches use PageManager and MSM APIs so I don't think it will work on product data. 

Level 2
Thanks for the info! That's disappointing though. Product management and ensuring products/categories go live on the correct times can quite complex so this would be a very useful feature to have.