Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using AEM Connector by Silicon Publishing

Level 2

Has anyone had any feedback using the AEM Connector by Silicon Publishing with InDesign files?  Does it make your links stable, do you get a faster response using this app?  Curious as we are having issues using the companion app for linking assets and the app is not a fast application.  Thanks, Chris

2 Replies

Level 10

Not sure on the Silicon Publishing Connector but what is the issue you are facing with the app ??

The app has not worked well on our PC and Apple computers.  We have slow downloads and the thumbnails take forever to load on screen.  My designers have complained that asset links are broken and have to re-link the assets on their InDesign pages.  We tried using third party WebDAV apps (Net Drive for PC computers and Transmit for Apple's)  The Transmit is pretty quick app but it doesn't display thumbnail images and NetDrive takes too long to display content.  I contacted Adobe about our companion app issues and they sent me the newest versions but still seem to be slow to load content.  Just wondering if you have any thoughts on how to make this app respond faster.