Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Users Storage and Packaging

Level 7

Hi,

Using AEM 6.1, I created a workflow and two users auth and app with some ACLs.

Wanted to package these two users only (Not the whole list of users) along with ACLs and the workflow.

Where are these users stored in JCR?

In CRXDE, I went to /home/users and saw folders 5,a,communities, etc, but folder a is blank.

Why are the users clubbed under different folders like geometrixx, geometrixx-outdoors etc?  Are these users pertained to these applications only?

Saw that my workflow is stored in Workflow /etc/workflow/models folder.

Please suggest a way for me.

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi all,

This issue was resolved using AEM ACL Packager..

1. Mentioned the users in the select Principals list.

If a user has a group membership, that group also should be added, even if that group exists in the target AEM.

2. AEM ACL Packager checks two JCR paths by default.

In my case, I wanted to specify only the principals and not JCR Paths, I de-selected them.

My idea is to package ACL info of the users selected in Principals in the whole repository.

There was a performance concern, as the system has to search the whole repository, but it was pretty quick.

3. Check "Package ACL Packer" check box, even if we do not need it in the target AEM.

If anyone has a similar issue, I can help.

Thanks,

Rama.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 7

Hi,

In the Properties tab of users auth and app, I found the following paths in the Path property:

/home/users/P/PXSDmyDzCPxpDfTXts6f  and /home/users/9/9zdXTaeUHU6JgrmyzkJu

These paths do exist and are visible in CRXDE.

I will package these and see whether these users and their ACLs are packaged.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 7

Hi,

This process has copied only users (and not their ACLs) and the workflow.

Checked in the internet only to find some code that needs to be run, just for packaging ACLs, but I am looking for OOB facility for achieving this.

Another article describes packaging all users  in the repository and their ACLs, while I am trying to move only 2-3 users.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

I will send this to the Eng team to answer this question. 

Level 10

nsvsrk wrote...

Hi,

This process has copied only users (and not their ACLs) and the workflow.

Checked in the internet only to find some code that needs to be run, just for packaging ACLs, but I am looking for OOB facility for achieving this.

Another article describes packaging all users  in the repository and their ACLs, while I am trying to move only 2-3 users.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Rama.

have you followed instructions mentioned here(http://www.hsufengko.com/home/copy-users-groups-permissions-acls-between-adobe-cq-instances)?

all you have to do select the user path as root path instead of /home

Read for more clarifications https://github.com/Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-commons/issues/100

Level 10
AC Handling

Specify how access control information is handled during import

Ignore
Ignores the packaged access control and leaves the target unchanged.
Overwrite
Applies the access control provided with the package to the target. This also removes existing access control.
Merge
Tries to merge access control provided with the package with the one on the target. This is currently not fully supported and behaves like Overwrite for existing ACLs. ACLs not in the package are retained.
MergePreserve
Tries to merge access control provided with the package with the one on the target. This is currently not fully supported and behaves like Ignore for existing ACLs. ACLs not in the package are retained.
Clear
Clears all access control on the target system.

This will help you in selecting the correct value.

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi all,

This issue was resolved using AEM ACL Packager..

1. Mentioned the users in the select Principals list.

If a user has a group membership, that group also should be added, even if that group exists in the target AEM.

2. AEM ACL Packager checks two JCR paths by default.

In my case, I wanted to specify only the principals and not JCR Paths, I de-selected them.

My idea is to package ACL info of the users selected in Principals in the whole repository.

There was a performance concern, as the system has to search the whole repository, but it was pretty quick.

3. Check "Package ACL Packer" check box, even if we do not need it in the target AEM.

If anyone has a similar issue, I can help.

Thanks,

Rama.