Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

User has permission to change MetaData field in asset based on group membership

Level 3

In our Asset meta data we have some drop down fields which contain 'Approved' and 'Not Approved' options.

We would like to limit who can select the 'Approved' for a given field based on group membership.

How can this be done? Thank you

10 Replies

Community Advisor

instead of custom metadata field for this on you should be using the create review task workflow to have this on your assets and you can control who can approve or reject will be controlled by group that has the permission of doing the review.

Level 3

We would like to have a clear view of which assets have been approved in which workflow and by whom.

Because many of our assets are at different points in approval, by many different teams it is essential that we can see which approval has been completed in the properties of each asset. 

Would having review task give us that kind of overall view on the asset? How could we customize it to?

Level 3

Hello Aanchal,

I've been able to follow those steps up to

* Open the Advanced section

I'm not sure what the advanced section should contain as this is a custom field in a metadata schema

mbrennan_0-1686867468435.png

I've restricted privileges based on group to the granite:data node but the restrictions are not showing up for users.

Community Advisor

@mbrennan 

The ACLs are to be added to the content, not metadata schema 

Aanchal Sikka

Level 3

How can I add them to the content instead of the metadata schema?

We would like these permissions to translate over all assets.