We are using AEM 6.3
1. I have a content component - "Hero" on an AEM page - home.html
2. Hero component browses Panel component pages - which means, AEM page with Panel Content Component.
home.html (with Hero) -> panel1.html
Problem is how to use experience fragments here for #2.
Instead of using individual AEM pages for Panel component.
Use experience fragments instead.
1. I created one experience fragment with Panel component.
2. Tried to use in home1.html , home2.html
Issue where I got stuck:
1. How do I associate Hero component and the experience Fragment component. These will be added as 2 individual components on home.html?How will Hero component get data from Panel components? There could be multiple other Experience Fragments components. How could I associate one experience fragment component to Hero component?
2. As far as I know, I cannot break inheritance of experience fragments in AEM 6.3. My problem is if experience fragment -"ex-panel1" is used on home1.html and home2.html. But in home2.html, the image I want to use a different one, rest of data I can re-use as-is. I will update ex-panel1 in home2.html alone with new image. Is this the recommended approach? I see things are working fine but just wanted to get a confirmation since I read breaking inheritance in experience fragments is an option only from AEM 6.4.
I will land into same issues with variations as well right.
WHen you say get data - are you talking about JCR data?
Yes JCR Data.
1. What I am doing currently is.
2. Hero component browses say 2 panel page paths.
3. Each of these components have their respective Sling Models.
4. In Sling Model of Hero, I get the Panel Path that is browsed get the sling model of Panel component and finally return the JSON from Hero component.
In your Sling Model code of the component - what Java API you using to gather the data?
Using the SLing API, are you getting the result set you need?
Using experience fragments - No I am not getting. I am not sure how I use experience fragments in this use-case. Thats the #1 under issues that I described.
I have my home.html -> I added Hero component and 2 Experience Fragment Component. Each of the experience fragment components has the panel information which needs to be read in SLing Model of Hero.
How can I do that?
Purhaps you should look at writing an HTL component that uses Sling Models and HTL code as opposed to Experience Fragments. Experience Fragments are not meant to read Java code like HTL components are.