Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Use case HTTP2 with AEM Dispatcher ?

Level 1

Hi Guys,

I would like to know about  that, Do we have any use case where we implemented HTTP2 on dispatcher + Varnish. Please share the your inputs and experience  about those setup. What are precautions we should take care when we are using below packages in our environment setup. We have a use case where we should migrated our environment HTTP 1.1 to  HTTP2.

Linux                               4.9.58-18.55.amzn1.x86_64 #1 SMP 7 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux 

Apache                          2.4.27

AEM  Dispatcher           4.2.0

AEM                              6.1 Sp2 CF5

Thanks,

Tarlok

4 Replies

Level 9

Hi Tarlok,

The prerequisite for http2 is ssl must be configured on host.

Our experience was smooth & not much issue.

Thanks,

Level 1

Thank you for response.

No we are not using the SSL on Dispatcher and AEM layer. We are terminated the SSL on AWS  ELB layer. There are o two query

Q1 :-  should be Configure  SSL on both layer  (Dispatcher & AEM layer) ? Please confirm.

Q2:- We are also Used  Varnish in-fornt of  AEM dispatcher . In your case are you using Varnish. If yes then   which version of  varnish  are you used. How to terminate SSL on varnish  ( Means where you have used SSL setup) .I am sharing my current infrastructure Block Diagram. Because most of the blogs it said SSL is not support on Varnish 3.0.7.

Please suggests . 

Block Diagram.PNG

Level 9

Q1.   Not an mandatory to configure ssl at aem & dispatcher.  Will work for both with or without ssl.

Q2.   We have almost identical setup for one of the site & terminating ssl at ELB.