Expand my Community achievements bar.

URL mapping and Resource Resolution

Level 7

Hello All,

I was just wondering if one possible requirement I have is a achievable use case or not.

In the same website I have different home pages for different users (And no segmentation would not work, I have already looked that front).

Say User A's home page is /content/siteA/userpath1/usersubpath1/home.html
and User B's home page is /content/siteA/userpath2/usersubpath2/home.html

Now we know that we could shorten the url and truncate /content/siteA so that when /userpath1/usersubpath1/home.html or /userpath2/usersubpath2/home.html is requested from the browser appropiate content is shown.

Is it possible to truncate the url further like also remove /userpath1/usersubpath1 and /userpath2/usersubpath2 from the url and still serve the respective pages only on the basis of /home.html.

This to me looks like something similar to famous diamond problem in java where it would not be able to understand which path to follow and which home.html to render.

Is this possible to achieve? if Yes then any guidance would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks and Regards,
Tuhin

2 Replies

Level 7

Hi Kautuk,

Its true that I thought of vanity urls for this one, but with vanity urls, don't we have to specify vanity urls for every page? Also would it transform the authored links automatically like it does when we create a configuration in /etc/map/http?

I am trying for something generic and configuration based if possible or else have to go with vanity urls. 

Thanks and Regards,

Tuhin