Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Urgent !! - Brightcove not working after upgrade to 4.2.0 in AEM 6.2

Community Advisor

Hi All

In our current project , We have 3.0.2 version of bright-cove. Since we have migrated to AEM 6.2 , we are planning to upgrade bright-cove to 4.2.0 version. I did test this in my local where my project is setup completely. But even though everything looks fine in the logs and system console, I have issues with upgraded brightcove .

1293835_pastedImage_0.png

When I edit components which use brightcove , it throws below error in console.

1293852_pastedImage_2.png

6 Replies

Administrator

AEM does not provide the connector with Brightcove. Where as you should be checking this with Contact Sales | Brightcove.

This could be an issue with in latest version of Brightcove.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Administrator

This error means that AEM cannot find the custom xtype. Double check the client libs folder to make sure that you have referenced it properly. If does not work remove all folders under /var/clientlibs/* and running the test again.

Also, create an issue here Adobe-CQ5-Brightcove-Connector/current at master · coresecure/Adobe-CQ5-Brightcove-Connector · GitHu...

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

Thanks Kautuk

After my initial research I could figure out that the version we are currently using is pretty old one and for the current version , the implementation is different from that of 3.x versions. We may have to rewrite the component implementation as per the below documentation from brightcove. http://files.brightcove.com/bc-adobe-experience-manager.pdf . We will try this out in our local and if we still face issues we will get in touch with the support team for the product

Thanks

Veena

Community Advisor

So we have atlast solved this issue.

The version 3.0,2 is pretty outdated and setting up the component with http://files.brightcove.com/bc-adobe-experience-manager.pdf this guide is the first steps to follow.

The major change was the xtype 'BrightcoveCombo' is deprecated and instead we have to use 'brc_combobox'. More than that there is major change in how the video component is implemented.

Once the latest brightcove package is installed please navigate to /apps/brightcove/components/content/brightcovevideo  and check how the dialog is implemented . Either you can use this component as it is or you can follow the way they have implemented the dialog.

For any video list to populate properly , you should have the account list also added as a field

Thanks

Veena

Level 4

One more input base my experiences with Brightcove, We have been integrating via component and also api. Below we can see our experience

• Via Component: We had a component creates a video in DAM (which is not really a video, but the thumbnail or thumbnail provided by Brightcove for each video, but that has as videoText / mp4 or video / flvx, in order to be recognized as a video by the DAM).

The "video" exists in the DAM, but for playback, the Brightcove ID is used to download it from the platform and stored as an image, but the video itself is not downloaded.  The client continues using the videos served by Brightcove but has a reference to a "video" in the DAM. The first interaction with the Brightcove cloud we experimented some slowness and response time very bad with the old version. With the new version is getting better.

• Via API: Our first approach was the creation of a service  "XXXCreateVideoFromBrightcoveServiceImpl" to import videos (the input Stream as such) were downloaded and then created as actual videos-asset into the DAM but this approach but rejected because it was unnecessary usage for storage/memory and keep more complex the integration. Hence we modified our service to create each video as an asset in the DAM but only for storing and managing the metadata in order to be handled 100% there, become more reusable for other Adobe Solution, make searchable for segmentation, etc.