Expand my Community achievements bar.

Upon suspending Inheritance for a component mixinType does not update on child nodes of the component

Level 2

Upon suspending Inheritance for a component mixinType does not update on child nodes of the component. When I suspend the inheritance the component node does start reflecting the updated mixinType "cq:LiveRelationship, cq:LiveSyncCancelled" and a property cq:isCancelledForChildren {true} is added but the child nodes of the component continue to show mixinType as "cq:LiveRelationship". Is there any configuration which helps update the child nodes with the same properties as parent node once we suspend the inheritance. 

suratwaa1_0-1698377434047.pngsuratwaa1_1-1698377490366.png

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @suratwaa1 
Since it is a container component(maked by cq:isCancelledForChildren {true}), it will behave like this, if you want to consider this as normal/singular component where if you break the parent inheritance and it will break the children inheritance then you mark cq:isCancelledForChildren {false}

More details are at : https://aemlab.blogspot.com/2021/11/cqiscontainer-property-in-aem.html 

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi @arunpatidar thanks for the reply. Actually this is a multifield component (resourceType: granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/multifield). This issue is happening for all the child nodes created as part of the multifield items inside the component. I could find out there was a similar issue long time back posted in the league which is similar to mine but it has no solution: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/quot-jcr-mixintypes-quot-p...

I have tried adding cq:isCancelledForChildren {false} from crx directly after breaking inheritance but i see that the cq:LiveRelationship mixinType still gets deleted once i try to save anything inside the component on live copy, due to which upon re-enabling the inheritance due to this missing cq:LiveRelationship mixinType the properties which are part of the mutifield do not get inherited from MB. Is there a way to add cq:isCancelledForChildren{false} from a configuration? 

Thanks,
Aditya

Community Advisor

Could you please open a ticket with Adobe?

Arun Patidar