Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Upgrading custom RTE plugins from AEM 6.3 to AEM 6.4

Community Advisor

Hi,

Following upgrade none of our custom RTE any longer work.

Are there are any docs that outline which changes have happened to RTE between 6.3 and 6.4(or what needs to be done to upgrade custom RTE form 6.3 to 6.4)?

Are there any docs that show how custom RTE plugin should be implemented in 6.4?

Regards,

Peter

8 Replies

Administrator

I will check this internally and would get back to you soon. Also, share the error.log.

Is the RTE is in the dialog or direct? What is the problem, is it not rendering or is it not saving? please share some more details to check this.

Only new thing you need to thing about in AEM 6.4 is Adobe Experience Manager Help | Repository Restructuring in AEM 6.4

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

RTE is in the Dialogs. Meaning you click on an icon and Dialog should o[en It's only partially rendering. Meaning it takes space, but does not show the icon. Then dialog open's but somehow does not work as expected.

Please note, normal component dialogs work fine.

It is possible to publish documentation on how to register && render RTE plugin in 6.4?

Regards,

Peter

Level 10

Are you seeing an error messages that can provide a reason why they are not working anymore?

Community Advisor

We have centralised places where certain types of information are stored, these plugin's are then used to reference those central storage places and put them into RTE content as a references. So, that content author's don't have to edit half of the content pages when that information changes.

Click on RTE plugin -> Load dialog with pathfield and tick/cancel -> when user selects path and click's on a tick -> insert special markup into RTE.

Regards,

Peter

Level 10

Are you following an AEM Doc topic for 6.3 to create these custom plug-ins. I want to see if your issue can be reproduced. However - to do so - we need to follow what you have done.

Community Advisor

Can you kindly add a link to the AEM Doc you would like me to follow?

Regards,

Peter

Administrator

This Seems to be a bug. Something similar (not exactly same) reported internally.

Please create a support ticket for this.

Kautuk Sahni