Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Understanding /systemalive service logic

Level 3

I came to know that any AEM instance provides a web service with /systemalive path which responds with a JSON object like this:

{
  "systemStatus": "GREEN", 
  "checks": [
    { "check": "Framework Start Ready Check", "status": "GREEN", "details": "Framework started. Start level: 30; Target start level: 20; Framework state: 32" },
    { "check": "Services Check", "status": "GREEN", "details": "" }
  ]
}

However, I could not find documentation on what exactly the response fields mean and what the logic of their calculation is. Could someone describe it or share a link?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I don't think that this is provided by "any" AEM instance; I only know of AEM CS. Do you see this also on AEM 6.5?

It's correct, there is no documentation for it on AEM side. I would expect to have more documentation on the Apache Felix website...

Anyway, the actual content of this response isn't that important, it is rather the HTTP statuscode. This servlet is normally used to detect the status of the AEM instance. You can check https://adapt.to/content/dam/adaptto/production/presentations/2018/adaptTo2018-System-Ready-framewor... as a starter

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 3

@DEBAL_DAS Thanks for the materials.

They describe how to configure this service. What about details of what it does? I'm mostly interested in two things:

• what exactly "GREEN" status means (is it e.g. the status of some specific bundle or component?)
  • what "Framework started" means (the same question, does it mean that some specific bundle(s) or (component(s) have started?)

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I don't think that this is provided by "any" AEM instance; I only know of AEM CS. Do you see this also on AEM 6.5?

It's correct, there is no documentation for it on AEM side. I would expect to have more documentation on the Apache Felix website...

Anyway, the actual content of this response isn't that important, it is rather the HTTP statuscode. This servlet is normally used to detect the status of the AEM instance. You can check https://adapt.to/content/dam/adaptto/production/presentations/2018/adaptTo2018-System-Ready-framewor... as a starter