Expand my Community achievements bar.

Understanding AEM request processing using the OSGI - Recent Request console | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Understanding AEM request processing using the OSGI - Recent Request console by Jörg Hoh

Abstract

During some recent work on performance improvements in request processing I used a tool, which is part of AEM for a very long time now; I cannot recall a time when it was NOT there. It’s very simple, but nevertheless powerful and it can help you to understand the processing of requests in AEM much better.

I am talking about the “Recent Requests Console” in the OSGI webconsole, which is a gem in the “AEM performance tuning” toolbox.

In this blog post I use this tool to explain the details of the request rendering process of AEM. You can find the detailed description of this process in the pages linked from this page (Sling documentation).

With this Recent Requests screen (goto /system/console/requests) you can drill down into the rendering process of the last 20 requests handled by this AEM instance; these are listed at the top of the screen. Be aware that if you have a lot of concurrent requests you might often miss the request you are looking for, so if you really rely on it, you should increase the number of requests which are retained. This can be done via the OSGI configuration of the Sling Main Servlet.

Read Full Blog

Understanding AEM request processing using the OSGI - Recent Request console

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
0 Replies