Expand my Community achievements bar.

Unclear dropdown UX for creating Context Hub activity leads to confusion

Level 1

This is AEM 6.3

I have a client who began implementing Context Hub into their site.  They hit a wall trying to create activities, by being unable to click the "Add Experience" button at "/libs/cq/personalization/touch-ui/content/activities"

contexthub.png

Looking into this, I found that there was a mistake on the previous step, the "Details" part of the activity wizard:

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 3.21.17 PM.png

The initial assumption is that the targeting engine, ContextHub (AEM) has been selected, when it initially hasn't — or else a default value in the JCR node is not getting set properly.  I notice a  GET request sent to the activity node with an engine param when actually selecting the dropdown value, but at first look it appears that what is OOB is good enough.  Since the targeting engine drop down is not required, an a Name value is enough to open the "next" button on the wizard, my client went on to the next page without an engine actually selected.  When we went back and selected an engine, the next step worked.

My question would be whether there has been any discussion of this experience, and if it has been modified or intended to be modified in any update to 6.3.  It seems a pretty verbose user experience, easily solved on the customer end by just tooling around with the buttons, but even more easily solved if either the dropdown was required or a "blank" dropdown field was targeted at the outset.  It'd be great to report back to my client that there is a solution being put in place for this!

Thanks.

Steps to Reproduce:

AEM 6.3

1. In Personalization > Activities, create a new brand and open it
2. Click create and create activity
3. Enter in a name in the name field
4. Click "Next"
5. On the following page, attempt to click "Add Experience".  The modal should not appear.
6. Click "Back"
7. Open the targeting engine dropdown and select "ContextHub (AEM)"
8. Click "Next"
9. On the following page, attempt to click "Add Experience".  The modal should appear.
0 Replies