Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

unable to restart AEM SDK by clicking start.bat or quickstart.bat files

Level 2

Hi Team,

I have received vanilla AEM sdk jar (not using licence.properties along with the jar) and renamed the jar into aem-author-p4502.jar then i started the instance by the command java -jar aem-author-p4502.jar.

The instance started successfully, and the bundles are up and running and pages are loading as expected.There are no errors observed in error.logs file.

However, after shutdown (Ctrl+C), when I tried to start the instance from start.bat or quickstart.bat, the command prompt window briefly appears and then disappears without any further action. Essentially, I'm unable to restart the instance once I've stopped it following the initial startup.

• not using licence.properties along with the jar
  • Windows machine
  • java version "11.0.21" 2023-10-17 LTS
  • aem-sdk-quickstart-2023.12.14697.20231215T125030Z-231200.jar

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Team,

The issue is resolved now. This had nothing to do with AEM. Unfortunately, execution access on the .bat file was restricted by the IT support team. By running it as an administrator, the .bat files are now executing properly.

Thanks 

Geo

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@george6 Have you checked this official documentation on how to start the SDK jar 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-learn/cloud-service/local-development-...

1. Start the local AEM Author Service by executing the following from the command line:

• java -jar aem-author-p4502.jar
      • Provide the admin password as admin. Any admin password is acceptable, however it is recommend to use the default for local development to reduce the need to reconfigure.

You cannot start the AEM as Cloud Service Quickstart Jar by double-clicking.

Level 2

Hi @Saravanan_Dharmaraj ,

Thanks for the response.
I followed the official documentation provided by Adobe.
I started the instance through CMD by this command java -jar aem-author-p4502.jar as mentioned in the post.
Yes, I read in the AEM as Cloud Service official article that the double click starting is not recommended.

Thanks,

Geo

Community Advisor

I don't fully understand your question, but if you start AEM using the script under the bin folder, then you must stop it using the stop script under the bin folder.

EstebanBustamante_0-1715359771939.png

Hope this helps.

Esteban Bustamante

Level 2

Hi @EstebanBustamante ,

The initial start of the instance I executing the following from the command line:java -jar aem-author-p4502.jar

It populated the crx-quickstart folder and all files as expected . The instance started normally without any error.
I shut down the instance using the command CTRL+C in command line.
And then if I access the start.bat/quickstart.bat file the server is not getting started again. That is the issue.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Team,

The issue is resolved now. This had nothing to do with AEM. Unfortunately, execution access on the .bat file was restricted by the IT support team. By running it as an administrator, the .bat files are now executing properly.

Thanks 

Geo