Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Unable to read images when using clientlib with allowproxy

Level 4

I have created a clientlib and I have included it within the apps->projectname->components->component->clientlibs. As per adobe recommendation I have added allowproxy=true property so that its not exposed directly from the apps folder. When I load the clientlibs its loading from etc.clientlibs and it works fine. But now I have added some images within the clientlibs folder and I have referred those image url's in my css file. I have provided the relative path of the images. However when the page loads its not loading the images. The image url is starting with /etc.clienlibs/imagepath. When I change it to the the absolute url i.e. apps/imagepath in dev tools it works fine. But we should not be exposing directly the apps url rite. If thats the case how to load images via etc.clientlibs ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

A static resource can only be accessed via the proxy, if it resides in a resources folder like a resource below the client library folder.

As an example:

• You have a clientlib in /apps/myproject/clientlibs/foo
  • You have a static image in /apps/myprojects/clientlibs/foo/resources/icon.png

Then you set the allowProxy property on foo to true.

• You can then request /etc.clientlibs/myprojects/clientlibs/foo.js
  • You can then reference the image via /etc.clientlibs/myprojects/clientlibs/foo/resources/icon.png

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

A static resource can only be accessed via the proxy, if it resides in a resources folder like a resource below the client library folder.

As an example:

• You have a clientlib in /apps/myproject/clientlibs/foo
  • You have a static image in /apps/myprojects/clientlibs/foo/resources/icon.png

Then you set the allowProxy property on foo to true.

• You can then request /etc.clientlibs/myprojects/clientlibs/foo.js
  • You can then reference the image via /etc.clientlibs/myprojects/clientlibs/foo/resources/icon.png

Arun Patidar

Level 1
Its working, Thanks. But why the folder name should be named as resources ? Any idea?

Level 4

Is it mandatory to declare the folder name as resources. Under the clientlib folder I have created a folder with name as 'img' and it didn't work. But when I changed the name of the folder to resources it started working

Level 4

Yes. images will load only if you change the folder path in third-party css files. in my case, I have to updated the path in datatable css file to load the icons.

Community Advisor

Hi,

Yes , if you set the allowProxy property

Using Client-Side Libraries

Arun Patidar

Level 2
How this "resources" sub folder works with any 3rd party library which contains images? do we have to modify 3rd party library code to change image path references? we need a better way to handle this.

Level 4

I have read the clientlibs article before but never thought the folder name itself should be 'resources'.

Thanks for the information.