Expand my Community achievements bar.

Unable to edit the workflow inAEM as cloud service

Level 4

Hi Team,

i am using AEM as cloud service SDK , in local itself i am unable to edit the out of the box  workflow provided by Adobe

basically i am looking to update the launches configuration in WCM-Create Language Copy model so that while doing language copy of experience it does not create launch copy path of xf in the page (where xf component path is referred ) when language copy is done of the master page to other locale

there is no workflow editor is showing up . any idea ? in case i need to  create a new custom workflow model ,i dont see any new workflow creation option

sonuk85184451_0-1711398684876.png

sonuk85184451_1-1711398813770.png

@arunpatidar  @kautuk_sahni 

10 Replies

Employee

You must be able to edit the workflow as along as your ID has the correct group association. If you have used admin user to login to your local AEM, you must have an option to edit it too. Could you recheck the user ID with which you are logging in? If it is an non admin user, please add required ACEs from http://localhost:4502/security/permissions.html/principal/

Level 4

Thanks @MadhuGu1 for responding I am using AEM as cloud service SDK and logged in as Admin only 

but don’t see the workflow edit option any other specific setting or configuration to check ?

Level 6

Hi @sonuk85184451 ,

The above workflow model is editable in local instance. When you open the model you should get an edit option at the right hand corner . Below are some screenshots. Hope that will help .

somensarkar_0-1711433948069.png

somensarkar_1-1711433994694.png

Thanks,

Somen

Level 4

Thanks @somen-sarkar for responding on which version of AEM as cloud service SDK you have ? 

Community Advisor

Hi @sonuk85184451,
Can you please copying in /conf and try editing.

Seems you are updating workflow in libs, which is not allowed to be changed.

Locations - Workflow Models

Workflow models are stored in the repository according to type:

• Out-of-the-box workflow designs are held under the following path:

/libs/settings/workflow/models/

CAUTION
    Do not:
    • place any of your custom workflow models in this folder
    • edit anything in /libs
    As any changes may be overwritten at upgrade or when installing hot-fixes, cumulative fix packs or service packs.
  • Custom workflow designs are held under:

/conf/global/settings/workflow/models/...

• Runtime workflow designs (both out-of-the-box and custom) are held under the following path:

/var/workflow/models/

• Legacy workflow designs (both design-time and runtime) are held under the following path:

/etc/workflow/models/

Arun Patidar

Level 4

@arunpatidar- thank you for your response.

can you please also let me know where to find launches configuration for Experience fragment  ? so that while doing language copy of a page it dont create a reference of launch copies like /content/launches/2024/03/25/launch_copy_of_enmaster/content/experience-fragments/sitea/en/news/master   as fragment path in EN page instead it should have fragment path as just /content/experience-fragments/sitea/en/news/master 

Community Advisor

Hi @sonuk85184451 
If you are creating launches explicitly for XF , then you will find at the same location. 

For references there won't be any launches

Arun Patidar

Level 4

thanks for responding @arunpatidar

i am getting below in logs

how to configure config /libs/msm/wcm/rolloutconfigs so it doesnt create a launnch copy and reference the respective locale xf pth

com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.RolloutManagerImpl Roll-out: roll-out LiveCopy: /content/launches/2024/03/27/launch_copy_of_frauto0/content/experience-fragments/sitea/fr/banner/auto
Line 44632: 27.03.2024 20:48:52.512 *INFO* [JobHandler: /var/workflow/instances/server0/2024-03-27/create_language_copy_2:.] com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.RolloutManagerImpl Roll-out: roll-out Page /content/launches/2024/03/27/launch_copy_of_frauto0/content/experience-fragments/sitea/fr/banner/auto, config /libs/msm/wcm/rolloutconfigs/pushonmodify

Community Advisor

@sonuk85184451 , Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Level 4

@MayurSatav 

thanks for responding

i am getting below in logs

how to configure config /libs/msm/wcm/rolloutconfigs so it doesnt create a launnch copy and reference the respective locale xf pth

com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.RolloutManagerImpl Roll-out: roll-out LiveCopy: /content/launches/2024/03/27/launch_copy_of_frauto0/content/experience-fragments/sitea/fr/banner/auto
Line 44632: 27.03.2024 20:48:52.512 *INFO* [JobHandler: /var/workflow/instances/server0/2024-03-27/create_language_copy_2:.] com.day.cq.wcm.msm.impl.RolloutManagerImpl Roll-out: roll-out Page /content/launches/2024/03/27/launch_copy_of_frauto0/content/experience-fragments/sitea/fr/banner/auto, config /libs/msm/wcm/rolloutconfigs/pushonmodify