Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to edit pages in AEM 6.5 on MAC after running project build.

Level 1

I have a 6.5 AEM instance and when I install a fresh author instance it works fine, but after I pull in the code for my project and run the build, I am unable to EDIT anything. 

The html also seems broken.

sakd_0-1669701361790.png

I have done everything from installing JDK, Maven to restarting systems, new repositories, clean builds etc.

Nothing works. This is on MAC.

Please help, this is a blocking issue now. I have spent 5 days and nothing has worked. 

The same build and code works on another users MAC and he has the same versions for applications as me and also on the same OS version.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There you go, that package(org/apache/commons/lang3/StringUtils) is missing from the dependencies. As the code is working for your colleagues then no need to add the dependency again on the POM file.

Please add this dependent jar/files to your .m2 repo and rebuild the code.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @sakd,

This has nothing to do with the OS.
As you are sure on the versions already, just incase please make sure of these things:
1. AEM Version including service pack

2. Java version 

Firstly, main thing to check is if your bundles are active on the system console: http://localhost:4502/system/console/bundles if not please resolve the dependencies.

Secondly, if all bundles are active and you are still not able to edit/use. please check the error logs on refresh of the page.

these things should help you out in figuring out the problem.

Thank you,

Sravan

Level 1

Hi @B_Sravan I checked the bundles and they are all active.

Also, i have AEM 6.5 and upgraded to SP 14.
I have JDK 1.8  and maven 3.8.6

I checked the logs and there was 

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/lang3/StringUtils

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There you go, that package(org/apache/commons/lang3/StringUtils) is missing from the dependencies. As the code is working for your colleagues then no need to add the dependency again on the POM file.

Please add this dependent jar/files to your .m2 repo and rebuild the code.