Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Unable to create custom rollout config on 6.5

Level 2

According to the docs: Adobe Experience Manager Help | Sites Repository Restructuring in AEM 6.4

I should create new rollout configs under /app/msm/wcm/rolloutconfigs.

I have copy-pasted the default package from /libs/msm/wcm/rolloutconfigs and I wanted to start editing it, however I thought that I will first install the pure AEM rolloutconfig but under apps (I have only changed the title and name of the rollout config) so it looks like this:

<jcr:root xmlns:cq="http://www.day.com/jcr/cq/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0"
   cq:trigger="rollout"
   jcr:description="Standard rollout configuration which allows to start rollout process on rollout trigger and runs actions: create, update, delete content and order children nodes."
   jcr:primaryType="cq:RolloutConfig"
   jcr:title="Custom Standard rollout config">
  <contentUpdate jcr:primaryType="cq:LiveSyncAction"/>
  <contentCopy jcr:primaryType="cq:LiveSyncAction"/>
  <contentDelete jcr:primaryType="cq:LiveSyncAction"/>
  <referencesUpdate jcr:primaryType="cq:LiveSyncAction"/>
  <productUpdate jcr:primaryType="cq:LiveSyncAction"/>
  <orderChildren jcr:primaryType="cq:LiveSyncAction"/>
  <personalizationContentRollout jcr:primaryType="cq:LiveSyncAction"/>
</jcr:root> 

And fun fact... I cannot even install my package. In the logs I can see:

13.08.2019 12:54:11.924 *ERROR* [] [] [qtp1652139664-2291] org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.fs.impl.io.DocViewSAXImporter Error during processing of /apps/msm/wcm/rolloutconfigs/custom: javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: No matching node definition found for default

13.08.2019 12:54:11.925 *ERROR* [] [] [qtp1652139664-2291] org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.fs.io.Importer E /apps/msm/wcm/rolloutconfigs/default (javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: No matching node definition found for custom)

Additionally, If I would write it in 'an old way', so they have jcr:content node, the rollout config are visible... sometimes, sometimes not, it works completely randomly.

Anyone else have faced this issue ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

Make sure the jcr:primaryType of each of these nodes (wcm,rolloutconfigs) matches with the ones defined in libs.

Regards,

Vishu

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

Make sure the jcr:primaryType of each of these nodes (wcm,rolloutconfigs) matches with the ones defined in libs.

Regards,

Vishu