Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

uber-jar 6.5 "com.adobe.granite.auth.saml" is missing

Level 2

We upgraded our code uber-jar 6.4 to 6.5 but "com.adobe.granite.auth.saml" is missing in 6.5

Anyone knows where it did go?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Looking internally, it looks as if this was done explicitly as part of GRANITE-20756 which addressed some technical debt around API leakages. Essentially it was done for a security reason.

"We will have to try and directly include org.apache.santuario/xmlsec in the quickstart, instead of embedding it the saml bundle, or hide the saml bundle since it can not be used."

Not sure what your options are here. Based on that quoted comment above it looks like the went with the latter and hid the bundle.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Looking internally, it looks as if this was done explicitly as part of GRANITE-20756 which addressed some technical debt around API leakages. Essentially it was done for a security reason.

"We will have to try and directly include org.apache.santuario/xmlsec in the quickstart, instead of embedding it the saml bundle, or hide the saml bundle since it can not be used."

Not sure what your options are here. Based on that quoted comment above it looks like the went with the latter and hid the bundle.

Level 2

Can we use uber-jar 6.4 with AEM 6.5?

We have more than 100K users on publish side, using custom saml authentication.

Employee

Raise a Daycare ticket to get an official answer from the engineering team in regards to this.

Surely quite a few people will run into this same scenario as more people ramp up on 6.5

Level 2

Did you finally find the solution? I have the same problem and I don't know how I should proceed.