Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Two Granite text field is storing values comma separated

Level 7

I have two text field in my dialog Text field 1, Path1 and Text Field 2, Path2 both TF have same name (./title) and both Path has same name (./path). I wanted if the author enters some value in TF1 and TF2. Value of TF2 should be stored, but it is storing values comma separated.

I want to overwrite the value and Want TF2 and Path2 value to be there

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Ronnie09 

the name field is a unique value to identify a field. Giving two fields the same name and making them both editable would make a weird issue. Ideally, it should have a different name.

However if a business requirement wants to have two fields, the best way is to make another field disabled and make one field enabled so that only one field can be filled at a time. Another field would fetch the same value.

Regards,

Arpit Varshney

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Ronnie09 

the name field is a unique value to identify a field. Giving two fields the same name and making them both editable would make a weird issue. Ideally, it should have a different name.

However if a business requirement wants to have two fields, the best way is to make another field disabled and make one field enabled so that only one field can be filled at a time. Another field would fetch the same value.

Regards,

Arpit Varshney

Community Advisor

@Ronnie09 Not really understanding the use case here, if you want both values to be stored with the same name, you could use a multifield which would have different items with the same name and you can iterate and use the last value of the multifield.