Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Two different versions of the same bundle active?

Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to have two different versions of the same bundle active? Or CQ only allow the last version of the deployed bundle to be active?

For example:

I have 2 bundles: myapp-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, myapp-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar. Supposing bundle myapp-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar  is installed and activated. And i want to install now the last version (myapp-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar). When the last version is installed, the previous version (myapp-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) is no longer active...so there's my question: its possible to have two different versions of the same bundle active?

Thanks in advance.

David.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The OSGi spec allows it & Our JCR Installer and the Web Console  don't support this as we discourage deploying multiple version of same bundle. Hence it is not possible OOB

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

The OSGi spec allows it & Our JCR Installer and the Web Console  don't support this as we discourage deploying multiple version of same bundle. Hence it is not possible OOB